Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Whatever

So ... I have the afternoon off today.  Without going into detail into what I do for a living, any time off is golden.  I worked all weekend through New Years Day and even through this morning Jan 2, 2013.  Happy New Year.  About 74 hours from Friday morning to this afternoon, Wednesday.  Yes, some nights were included.

Anyway, I used to look forward to half days off ... because then I could RUN!!  And run in the daylight.  But with my friggin' injury, can't do much of that.  I did see my podiatrist, who checked xrays and said that there were signs of healing of my left tibial stress fracture!!  That's great, that really is.  But more has to be done.  I have to remain nonweightbearing for at least another 3 weeks.  Ouch.  Yes, I guess I'm a pro at crutches now, but that doesn't mean it isn't a pain.  Can't carry anything, hard to open doors, can't move a few feet in between chairs to grab a  pen or whatever.  Big pain.

He is ordering another MRI and also a DEXA scan to check my bone density.  See if all is normal.  I want, and WILL, get better soon so I can back to running.  Yes back to running.  No matter what the naysayers think.

But for this afternoon, since I can't run in this cool crisp air and bright sunshine ... let me enjoy my other favorite activity ... beer tasting.  Today we have:



STONE IPA.  What a wonderful IPA.  Stone has become one of my favorite breweries.  My beer palate has come a long way from my Walt Disney World Beer Review;  I really should go back to WDW and either re-review those beers ... no actually I'm sure I'll just choose others.

Well, I guess I'll take a nap.  Nonweightbearing for another 3 weeks.  have been on and off crutches for 9 months.  Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment