Sunday, June 23, 2013

Yellow light means go

My endocrinologist gave me somewhat of a yellow light to run ... Kind of in passing said it would probably be ok to start running ... Then on second thought wait till I see him officially.

In any case today I did a modified form of running. I did a walk-run workout on the treadmill (after a great upper body dumbbell workout), with a 90 sec:60 sec ratio, like week 1 day 1 of the couch to 5 k ... Yup, "baby steps" yet again for I don't know how many times due to injury. But today I did something different -- during the "run" phase, I did a light shuffle. I kept the speed of the treadmill the same (4.2mph today) as my walk, but increased my cadence to 90 (or 180/min), kept my feet low, with nice light relaxed form, and concentrated on midfoot striking, very lightly and relaxed to minimize impact and also reduce tension in muscles. Again to avoid injury ... But instad of thinking of avoidance, i'm just feeling good!

No comments:

Post a Comment