Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Walking ...

It is 8 weeks today since I've been on crutches ... actually NINE MONTHS since my initial injury, on and off and on again crutches.  In any event, as per my orthopedic's schedule, I should be transitioning to full weight bearing by now.  And today, I see progress!

I'm walking around, more like shuffling around and limping around, my bedroom, with my boot off.  And it is good. I feel a little pressure in my ankle, and the top of my foot a little, and my doc said to expect that.  Funny again, how not too long ago my goal was measured in miles and speed, and today it's measured in steps.

Yes, I'm still in the middle of workup as to why all of this is happening, why a 39 year old male should have severe osteoporosis ... but my goal is more immediate and more selfish --

I don't want to be on crutches when I go on our next Disney Cruise and on our next Walt Disney World vacation!

Been there, done that.  And it was fine, but it would be nice not to have to drag my crutches around anymore, and no more scooter!


No comments:

Post a Comment