Monday, April 15, 2013

Doctors orders

Yesterday I walked 6.01 miles in about 1:27, or a 14:38 pace. No, it's not running, and a far cry from my running pace ...

but I was happy because the pace was below the time limit for the Long Branch Half Marathon! When I saw my final pace I was thrilled that I would be able to complete the half marathon, set to be 3 weeks away.

I did not want to miss another race due to injury, and I've already sucked up my pride and am content in walking it and bot running, as painful as that is.

But today I spoke to my orthopedist, who says it's fine for me to walk in general, and perhaps even get back to running by the fall ...

But in regards to walking the half marathon in 3 weeks? No.

Not cleared.

I'm kinda bummed, because I want to prove to myself and others that I can do it, because I know I can.

Plus so many of us are going down for the Walt Disney World marathon weekend in january, and I want to at least walk it.

But for right now, baby steps again.
No Long Branch Half Marathon for now.

But I know it's for the best. I do not want to get injured again.

Doctor's orders.

No comments:

Post a Comment