Friday, June 1, 2012

Walk before you run

You need to walk before you run.  And today I'm walking!!  I've been on crutches almost two weeks now, and started to weight-bear about 3 days ago.  Today I'm walking -- limping, but walking, definitely less use of crutches.

and soon I will run again!

My goal, however, is to prevent this, and any other injury, from happening in the first place.

I am not a sports physician, an orthopedic surgeon, or a professional athlete, but I want to learn as much as I can about sports-related injuries, for myself really, since I do not want to be sidelined again.

Concepts regarding this for further exploration: gradual progress, proper form, and proper shoes.  Controversial?  We may look into this further in upcoming posts.  For now, let's get myself better and ease back into activity, exercise and eventually running again.  My sights are still set on the Walt Disney World marathon and the Goofy Challenge.  But there is no hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment